“The main lobbying group on rural issues” – The Economist
Rural communities: We are campaigning hard to ensure the future of our strong rural communities with a focus on policing, planning, affordable housing and fuel.
Mobile & Broadband: Over the past few years we have been one of the leading pressure groups campaigning to improve digital infrastructure in the countryside.
Hunting: We are the only organisation working for the future of hunting and the repeal of the Hunting Act, 2004.
Food & Farming: The Countryside Alliance has always championed British farmers and their produce. Our ‘Honest, Fair, Simple’ campaign works to ensure that Country of Origin food labelling is as transparent as possible. For example, we believe sausages made in Britain using Danish pork should not be labelled as British, as is unfortunately the case.
Shooting: We continue to make the voice of the shooting community heard in Westminster, most recently leading the campaign to ensure that there are no further unjustified restrictions on using lead ammunition. Our Game-to-Eat campaign has had great success promoting the delights, versatility and nutritional value of wild game meat to the British public.
The Foundation: The Countryside Alliance Foundation is a charity which through a range of schemes aims to help adults and children alike make the most of the incredible remedial and educational benefits of being involved in the natural environment. By introducing people to the delights of rural Britain we hope to inspire them to become passionate about the countryside, and helping to protect the natural environment.
There are already around 100,000 members and over 250,000 supporters who have signed up to the Countryside Alliance. As more and more members join, our voice becomes stronger and the more influence we have to promote and protect our our rural communities, our businesses, our country pursuits and our rural way of life.
We offer a great value membership and insurance package which includes:
- £10m Employers Liability.*
- £10m Public/Products liability.
- £35k Personal accident permanent disability.
- £15k Accidental death benefit.
*For more details Click Here
New members receive a Countryside Alliance Welcome pack and a range of great benefits
- Free lapel badge and car sticker.
- Free access to expert shooting and firearms advice from dedicated team of firearms experts (NB this service is to assist people with problems arising from field sports and other countryside issues and not other issues.)
- Free information on risk assessment, gun safety and shooting clubs.
- Access to 30 minutes free legal advice.
- Weekly email news update.
- Quarterly Countryside Alliance Magazine.
- The right to vote in annual board elections.
Discounts with membership:
- Up to 40% savings when subscribing to Country Life, Shooting Times, Sporting Gun or Shooting Gazette.
Gold member additional benefits:
- Complimentary Countryside Alliance Calendar.
- Your choice of a Countryside Alliance silk tie or silk scarf on request.
- One Complimentary ticket for the Cheltenham Countryside Day on request.
*Only Applicable to Group Memberships.